Mobility scooters can provide new-found freedom to people that are struggling with day to day activities. They are a great way to regain independence. But, with so many mobility scooters on the market, it is tough to know which type of scooter is right for you.
At Mobility Extra, we are committed to providing expert advice to make the decision process a little easier. There are several things to consider when choosing best mobility scooter for you.
Worthing Mobility Scooters – To Find The Most Suitable Solution For You, Call Our Friendly Team Today On 0808 164 1914
MOBILITY SCOOTER OPTIONS:
It is important to determine how you will be using the mobility scooter. Identifying your needs beforehand will allow you to choose the mobility aid that best fits your lifestyle.
This is a great option for frequent travellers that are on the go. Most models are compact and lightweight. They are typically able to be broken down into 5 pieces for ease of transport. This type of scooter is easy to manoeuvre and handles well in tight spaces. The portable travel scooter is typically the least expensive option but is not suitable for everyday use.
Mobility Scooters Worthing – To Find The Most Suitable Solution For You, Call Our Friendly Team Today On 0808 164 1914
3 Wheel Mobility Scooter
This type of model is perfect for home or office use. It offers a tighter turning radius and features a narrow base. It is a good choice for manoeuvrability in places where space is limited. Keep in mind that the 3-wheel scooter is not recommended for traversing rugged outdoor terrain.
4MPH 4 Wheel Mobility Scooters
This is a good choice for comfort as it offers adequate leg room and seat size. It rides at a good speed and has a good battery life. Due to the larger size, it will not manoeuvre as easily as the 3-wheel scooter. It does, however, offer better durability and stability.
8MPH 4 Wheel Mobility Scooters
8mph scooters offer large motors with heavy duty tires, making them a good choice for use on unpaved surfaces. Headlights and backlit displays are a desirable feature on this model. This type of scooter is recommended for individuals that anticipate a lot of outdoor usage.
Heavy Duty Scooter
This mobility scooter is built for larger framed individuals, with a weight capacity of up to 250kg. This unit features a bigger motor, wider base, and larger tires. It can handle any type of terrain and is great for riding on grass.
Folding Mobility Scooters are becoming increasing popular and should be something you definitely consider.
Being able to get around easily and comfortably is of the utmost importance. Consider the following features when choosing a mobility scooter:
- Tire Type: Air Filled, Solid, or Foam Filled.
- Assembled Weight: When assembled, scooter weights vary widely. It is easier to transport and assemble lightweight scooters.
- Turning Radius: This is the smallest circular turn the scooter can make. A tight turning radius allows for ease of operation and maneuvering around tight corners.
- Ground Clearance: The space between the base of the tire and the undercarriage. Low clearance provides a stable ride. Higher clearance is needed for outdoor use to avoid damage to bottom of the scooter.
- Maximum Recommended Incline: This indicates the amount of an incline that the scooter can safely climb. This is important to consider when using outdoor sidewalks and exit ramps.
Mobility Scooter PERFORMANCE:
- Weight Capacity: How much weight the scooter can safely handle according to the manufacturer?
- Maximum Speed: The fastest speed the scooter can ride is typically 5km to 8km
- Operating Range: The distance the scooter can travel on a single charge varies from 12 to 35 miles.
- Battery Charge Time: The amount of time required to recharge a battery after it completely drains ranges from as little as 2 hours to overnight.
Mobility Extra is your top choice for mobility scooters. All of our recommended products are certified brand new and come with a full manufacturer’s warranty. Some of the brands we work with are Pride Mobility, Freerider Mobility, Drive, Luggie, TGA Scooters, ST1, Electric Mobility, Shoprider & Cabin Car.
Popular Models Include: Mobie Plus Folding, Smarti Folding, Pride Go Go Elite Traveller 4,Drive ST1,Rascal Veo,Dallas DX,Kymco K-Lite Comfort,Pride Mobility Colt Sport
Freerider Mayfair, Freerider Kensington,Drive Cobra, Drive Sport Rider,Scooterpac Cabin Car MK 2,Drive King Cobra & Invacare Orion.